Please ensure that you review the terms and conditions stated below carefully prior to making a reservation or booking. It is important to note that any reservations made will be considered as a binding agreement between yourself and the travelers or passengers (hereafter used interchangeably) for whom you have made a booking. By making a booking, you signify your acceptance of the terms and conditions outlined below, and you agree to follow and adhere to them.
Application to all Travelers
Based on the notice above, you are hereby acknowledging that if you make a reservation with Zoom Tours Inc., either through an online booking made by you or on your behalf, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions outlined herein. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian of the passenger must agree to the Terms and Conditions on your behalf. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you confirm that you have read and accepted them, and you agree to comply with them.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION
On-line Credit Card Payment Policy
You can pay for your Zoom Tours Inc. vacation package using either MasterCard or Visa credit cards. We offer a secure online payment option through a Secure SSL based Payment Gateway, which ensures that your card details are safe and secure. The transaction and amount are authorized by the Master/Visa network. Rest assured that making a credit card payment on our website is completely safe. Please note that the vendor name on your credit card statement will appear as Zoom Tours Inc. if you make the payment using Visa or MasterCard.
By using our website, you agree to our Terms and Conditions, regardless of whether you have signed any credit card forms. By authorizing Zoom Tours Inc. to charge your credit card for your vacation package, you confirm that you will pay the total amount charged to the card issuer in accordance with your cardholder agreement. Your authorization also indicates that you accept the following Payment Terms and Conditions:
- You confirm that all information you provided to Zoom Tours Inc. regarding the transaction is accurate, including your credit card details.
- You warrant that you are authorized to use the credit card details for online transactions.
- If Zoom Tours Inc. suspects that you are not authorized to use the credit card details or if your credit card provider will not honor the details, Zoom Tours Inc. is not obliged to provide you with the Travel Package until the transaction is authorized.
- You must not engage in any misleading or fraudulent behavior while using this service.
- You must comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, standards, or codes of practice related to this service.
You agree to indemnify Zoom Tours Inc., its employees, contractors, and agents against any loss, costs, or damages incurred as a result of your breach of any of these terms and conditions.
- You agree to comply with your credit card provider’s requirements regarding the use of this online service, including transaction limits. You must also provide any offline verification of your identity, credit card usage, and transaction details as requested by Zoom Tours Inc. from time to time.
Declined Credit Cards
If the credit card authorization is declined, we will attempt to contact you at the email and/or phone number you provided. If the reservation is cancelled, you will need to rebook depending on availability.
To confirm your reservation, a deposit of $150 per passenger is required at the time of booking. Full payment is due 7-10 days before departure for U.S. and Montreal, Quebec, and Ottawa bus tours and 61 days before departure for tours including a flight. If booking a U.S. and Montreal, Quebec, and Ottawa bus tour within 7 days of departure, full payment is due at the time of booking.
Pricing: All prices are in Canadian dollars and include taxes unless otherwise stated.
Not included: Expenses of a personal nature, such as room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, and meals not specified in the itinerary, are not included and must be paid by the passenger.
Gratuities: Tipping for tour directors, drivers, step-on guides, and waiters is voluntary and not included in the published prices.
Refund Policy: No refund is provided for unused travel services.
Itinerary Changes: Please note that all tour itineraries are subject to change without prior notice. Passengers will not be refunded if there is a change in the itinerary during the tour.
Cancellation and Change Fees for Tours
The itinerary for all tours offered by Zoom Tours Inc. is subject to change without notice. Zoom Tours Inc. reserves the right to modify the itinerary before or during the tour for the comfort and enjoyment of the passengers. Any increase in costs resulting from such changes will be paid by the passengers, and any decrease in costs will be refunded to the passengers. Zoom Tours Inc. also reserves the right to refuse any person as a member of the tour if their presence is considered detrimental to the interests, comfort, and enjoyment of other passengers.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- A non-refundable deposit of $150 per person is due at the time of booking. A $50 per person service fee applies for a change of date. Changes of date are not allowed within 10 days before departure for all U.S. and Montreal, Quebec, and Ottawa tours or within 61 days before departure for all tours that include a flight.
- The tour package is 100% non-refundable if cancelled after the full balance has been charged.
- A $50 per person service fee applies for changes of name or date. Changes of name are not allowed within 10 days before departure for all U.S. and Montreal, Quebec, and Ottawa tours or within 61 days before departure for all tours that include a flight.
- If the buses cannot travel due to extreme weather conditions, terrorism, or an act of God prior to departure, passengers will be partially refunded, except for the $150 deposit per person.
- If extreme weather conditions, terrorism, or an act of God occur during the tour, passengers will not be refunded.
- Zoom Tours Inc. is not responsible for any attraction tickets purchased in advance in the event of a cancelled tour date.
- These policies cannot be waived or altered. It is recommended to purchase travel insurance to avoid any loss of payments.
- Zoom Tours Inc. has a zero-tolerance policy for disrespectful, belligerent, and discourteous behavior towards fellow passengers, drivers, guides, and employees. Any passenger who exhibits such behavior will be removed from the tour with no refund, and they will be responsible for arranging and paying for their own transportation home.
INSURANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Zoom Tours Inc. strongly recommends purchasing travel insurance for your tour as the tour package prices do not include it. In the event of accidents that occur during the tour, Zoom Tours Inc. is not responsible. We suggest suitable travel insurance coverage to include, at the very least, expenses incurred due to trip cancellation, emergency medical assistance, and repatriation for accidents or illnesses that happen abroad.
Although Zoom Tours Inc. offers travel insurance for purchase at the time of booking, please note that we are not an insurer agent and do not guarantee or represent the coverage you choose to buy.
It’s your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is appropriate and sufficient for your specific needs, regardless of whether it’s bought through Zoom Tours Inc. or elsewhere. You must adhere to the insurance provider’s requirements and disclose all relevant information, such as pre-existing illnesses. Please contact your insurance provider for more information.
LIABILITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Zoom Tours Inc. arranges travel services through third-party suppliers, including flights, ground transportation, hotels, and restaurants. Zoom Tours Inc. is not liable for any acts or omissions of these third-party suppliers, their employees, representatives, or agents.
Liability of Zoom Tours Inc.
Zoom Tours Inc. does not accept responsibility for any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses resulting from personal injury, accidents, death, loss, damage, delay, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, upset, or distress, whether physical or mental. It is understood and agreed that Zoom Tours Inc. is not responsible for the following, including but not limited to:
- Any act or omission by third-party suppliers such as ground transportation, flights, hotels, restaurants or other suppliers or their employees, representatives or agents;
- Any act or omission by other passengers travelling on the tour;
- Sickness, family emergencies, theft or any other circumstances affecting the passenger;
- Any Force Majeure event beyond our control;
- Any act or omission of the passenger, their insurer, broker or any other party concerning travel insurance;
- Government actions, weather, equipment failure, labour disputes, sickness, theft or any other cause beyond our direct control;
- Failure of the passenger to obtain the necessary documentation or meet the required health regulations to complete their travel arrangements;
- Failure of the passenger to follow instructions;
- Any issues that may arise while crossing a border;
- Any delays, misconnections, loss, damage or injuries to persons or property, or for mechanical defects or failure, however caused, or for any substitution of hotels or carrier equipment beyond the control of Zoom Tours Inc., or for any additional expenses incurred thereby;
- Any inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, upset, disappointment, distress or frustration, whether physical or mental, however caused;
- The cancellation of a tour by Zoom Tours Inc. provided that a full refund of all monies paid is made to the passenger. All tour itineraries are subject to change without prior notice. Zoom Tours Inc. reserves the right to make changes before or during the tour for the comfort and enjoyment of the passengers. It is agreed and understood that any increase in costs occasioned by such changes shall be paid for by the passengers, or any decrease in costs occasioned by the change shall be refunded to the passenger. Zoom Tours Inc. reserves the right to decline any person as a member of the tour at any time before or during the tour should such person’s presence be considered detrimental to the interest, comfort, and enjoyment of other passengers.
Waiver and Acknowledgement of Risk
By making an online booking, passengers acknowledge, understand, and agree that the tour may involve certain risks, dangers, injuries, losses, and even death. Passengers on the booking fully accept and assume all such risks and responsibilities for any losses, costs, and damages incurred as a result of their participation in the tour, whether they made the booking themselves or it was made on their behalf.
Furthermore, by making an online booking, passengers release and discharge Zoom Tours Inc. and its directors, agents, owners, officers, employees, and representatives from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages that may occur as a result of or during the tour, whether the booking was made by themselves or on their behalf.
All passengers, and their parent/guardian if under 18, agree to indemnify Zoom Tours Inc., its employees, agents, and other representatives from all costs, damages, losses, and injuries or loss of life related to the tour package or any activity associated with it.
Regardless of Zoom Tours Inc.’s liability, any incidents, injuries, problems, or dissatisfaction must be reported to Zoom Tours Inc. at its toll-free number 1-888-786-7906 during the event or as soon as possible thereafter to allow Zoom Tours Inc. an opportunity to provide assistance.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Purpose and Consent: Before collecting any personal information, we will explain to you the purpose for which it is being collected and obtain your consent.
- Limiting Collection: We will only collect personal information that is necessary for the purposes stated and will do so by fair and lawful means.
- Security: We will protect your personal information with appropriate security measures and will not disclose it to third parties without your consent, except as required by law or necessary for the provision of services.
- Access and Correction: You have the right to access and correct your personal information, subject to certain limitations.
We are committed to using and disclosing your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected, unless we obtain your prior consent or are required or permitted by law to do otherwise. The personal information you provide to us, such as special needs, dietary or religious requirements, itinerary, and accommodation addresses, will only be shared with the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements and any other persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements, such as public authorities, customs, or immigration, if required by them or by law. We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us at 1-888-786-7906 or visit our office at 215 Carlingview Dr., Suite 206, Toronto, Ontario, M9W 5X8, Canada. We will respond to your inquiries in a timely manner.
Confirmation: Upon receipt of your reservation and payment, we will send all confirmation vouchers to you via email or regular mail upon request, in the form of an invoice.
All seats are assigned by Zoom Tours Inc.. Seats are assigned on a first-come, first serve basis.
Each passenger is allowed one suitcase and one small carry-on bag. While our tour director and driver will handle your luggage with the utmost care, please note that Zoom Tours Inc. cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to your items. The responsibility for your baggage and personal effects lies solely with you at all times.
Children must be 5 years or older to travel.
Travelers with special needs
Passengers who require specific assistance during the tour must travel with a qualified travel companion as our drivers and guides are unable to provide individualized help for tasks such as walking, dining, getting on/off transportation vehicles, or any other personal requirements. Please note that our coaches are not equipped with wheelchair ramps, and all tour members must be able to climb 3 or 4 steps to board the coach. If you require special assistance, please inform Zoom Tours Inc. at the time of booking. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate passengers with specific needs, we cannot be held responsible for any services denied by our suppliers.
At Zoom Tours Inc., we have a strict zero tolerance policy towards disrespectful and belligerent conduct. If such behavior occurs during the tour, the passenger(s) responsible will be asked to leave immediately. Please note that no refunds will be issued in this case, and the passenger(s) will be responsible for arranging their own transportation back.
US Border Crossing, Travel Documents, and Visas
All passengers must have a valid passport for crossing the border. It is the sole responsibility of the passengers to determine the necessary documentation for traveling to the USA and returning to Canada. Please note that document requirements are subject to change, and Canadian citizens should seek assistance from Foreign Affairs Canada at http://www.voyage.gc.ca to obtain the latest information. Citizens of other countries should check with the relevant Tourist Board or Counsellor Office of their intended destination. Please be advised that Zoom Tours Inc. will not be held responsible for any damages or additional expenses incurred due to inadequate travel documentation, and no refunds will be provided.
To maintain a smoke-free environment, smoking is strictly prohibited on the coach as well as inside the hotels. We kindly request that all passengers comply with the smoke-free policies of each hotel property.
In the event that the reserved accommodation is unavailable for any reason, we reserve the right to substitute it with a hotel of similar category. Please note that this section does not apply to a change of hotel that is considered a major change as defined in the “Responsibility” section of Zoom Tours Inc., or a change of hotel that occurs due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
Special Hotel Requests
If you have any specific requests regarding your hotel room, such as bed preferences or room location, please make sure to communicate them at the time of booking. While we at Zoom Tours Inc. will do our best to accommodate such requests, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be fulfilled. Please note that we will not be held responsible if we are unable to meet your special requests.
The laws of the Province of Ontario will govern this agreement, and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of this province in case of any disputes that may arise.
By booking, I confirm that I have read and understood the TERMS AND CONDITIONS. I also confirm that I am at least 18 years old and have made the booking on behalf of all passengers, who I assure will also abide by and comply with the Terms and Conditions. Furthermore, I authorize Zoom Tours Inc. to charge the payment amount shown to my credit card as provided above.